The Association of Sporting Directors – Membership Criteria
The Association of Sporting Directors (ASD) – who is it for?
The ASD is a not for profit association which aims to professionalise, support and promote the role of Sporting Directors within professional football.
It represents the technical staff within the football department of professional football clubs and governing bodies. These can include but are not limited to job titles such as:
- Sporting Director
- Director of Football
- Technical Director
- Head of Recruitment
- Player Recruitment
- Chief Scout
- Loan Manager
- Pathways Manager
Applicants are eligible for membership to the ASD if they have held one of the above positions (or similar responsibilities) at a professional club, anywhere around the world,prior to application. They need not still be in the job at the time of applying.
To apply to become a member of the ASD, please follow this link and complete the membership application – apply to become a member of the ASD.
Membership is free for the 2018/19 season.
All memberships must be formally approved by The ASD Management Board.
What is the ASD trying to do?
The core objectives of the ASD are:
- To bring clubs together and enhance relationships through the membership of Sporting Directors and other key staff within the technical departments.
- To enhance communication between members and their respective clubs.
- To develop and share best practice.
- To enhance the professional status and role of the ‘Sporting Director’.
- To provide support for members by other members.
- To provide additional professional support through appropriate external associations.
- To provide opportunities for continuing professional development to members.
- To develop and engage through a voluntary code of conduct to enhance the role of ‘Sporting Director’.
Where can more information be found?
For more information please contact us here.