Association of Sporting Directors x Major League Soccer knowledge exchange
On Thursday 2nd December 2021 we hosted a knowledge exchange workshop focused on building connections between the ASD and MLS, as part of the Association of Sporting Directors Global Programme. Below is the slides, additional content and recording from the session.
- To share insight, key lessons and ideas to support one another and develop closer relationships.
- Our guests will speak to areas including:
- player pathways between the MLS and Europe,
- sporting director pathways between the MLS and Europe,
- working with US owners and,
- their own personal development.
- Pre-reading insight to the event from John McGuigan (Snr. Solutions Partner, Hudl) –Hudl ASD x MLS.
- Introduction to event from our chair of the Global Online Programme, Joel Roberts (ASD)
- Insights on players moving to and from the from MLS from Tim Keech (Co-Founder) and Andrew McGregor (Managing Partner and Head Scout) at MRKT Insights (see slides below). https://mrktinsights.com
- Lee Darnbrough (Hull City FC) will chair two interviews with our colleagues:
- Tony Asghar, Sporting Director at Dundee United FC.
- Zoran Krneta, Sporting Director at Charlotte FC.
- Insights on key considerations for player care from Hugo Scheckter (Founder & Managing Director) at The Player Care Group: https://www.playercaregroup.co.uk
- Mike Cave (Fulham FC) will chair two interviews with our colleagues:
- Kevin Thelwell, Head of Sport at New York Red Bulls.
- John Thorrington, Co-President + General Manager at Los Angeles FC.
- Close and next steps, Dan Parnell (ASD).
Join our ASD community
Our membership offer, is in line with our core objectives and management model, as such there is no charge for membership for the 2020/2021 season.Membership Enquiry