The Association of Sporting Directors (ASD) is a not for profit association which aims to professionalise, support and promote the role of Sporting Directors within professional football.
It represents the technical staff within the football department of professional football clubs and governing bodies.
The core objectives of the ASD are:
- To bring clubs together and enhance relationships through the membership of Sporting Directors and other key staff within the technical departments.
- To enhance communication between members and their respective clubs.
- To develop and share best practice.
- To enhance the professional status and role of the ‘Sporting Director’.
- To provide support for members by other members.
- To provide additional professional support through appropriate external associations.
- To provide opportunities for continuing professional development to members.
- To develop and engage through a voluntary code of conduct to enhance the role of ‘Sporting Director’.