Within the Association of Sporting Directors (ASD), Laura is in charge of Governance & Regulatory matters. This includes:
- Leading on key relatable issues concerning Governance and Regulation. Both in terms of the way the ASD is ran and the evolving challenges/requirements of members and the football industry in general.
- The production of a Quarterly Legal Newsletter for members concerning key legal/regulatory issues, including recent jurisprudence and any articles of interest.
- The creation of general pages/content for the ASD website concerning football regulatory topics to assist members in their day to day roles, and aid in their development.
- The creation and execution of workshops on governance & regulatory issues, for members and partners.
- Through her day to day role, at Lombardi Associates, a helpline service will be provided (free of charge for the first 30 minutes) for members who have any governance and regulatory enquiries relating to their day to day work.
Outside of her work with the ASD, Laura is a qualified Scottish solicitor, with Lombardi Associates, specialising in sport regulation and dispute resolution, including arbitration and litigation.
Laura has a keen interest in sports-related legal matters and graduated in July 2018 with a Master degree in International Sports Law, from Spanish educational institution, Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economia (ISDE). She provides advice to sport clients across a variety of matters including governance, regulatory and contractual issues. She has a specialist interest in football-related matters and regularly advises clients on the transfer of players as well as player contracts.
Further to the above, Laura regularly writes on sports law issues and has been published in The Journal of the Law Society of Scotland, European Leagues newsletter, LawinSport, Sports Law, Administration and Practice as well as Sports Law & Taxation Reports and FC Business Magazine. On top of any writing for publications, Laura is also a keen blogger and has her own personal sports law blog.
Laura holds a number of appointments including being a member of UEFA’s Legal Aid & Pro Bono Panel for disciplinary charges; Company Secretary for Scottish Athletics; and a member of England Hockey’s Disrepute Complaints Panel.